Nothing fancy, many 'restaurant-bought' items, but it was quite the yummy accomplishment--especially for a first time pizza. Really, we just wanted to put our favorite things on a pizza. Simple and yummy. (This was a collaboration with my brother, Alan, and Emily) Honestly, the key item here is the barbeque sauce. Yes, from the guys with the infamous ribs, the Hickory House. Another favorite, if not THE favorite, restaurant back home.
[By the way, you'll find that my 'food blogging style' may be slightly different. I'm not big on fancy or detailed instructions, which may make it harder for someone like you to recreate, but that's the beauty of cooking. Make it your own. I'm here to share more than teach. I'll include minmal instructions. We'll see where we go from here...] Anyway, here's the pizza.
- Oven @ 400 degrees
- Ceramic pizza stone
- Corn meal for base
- Pizzeria dough [ours was from NYP]
- Shape pizza as desired, crust optional
- Medium to thick coat of Hickory House BBQ sauce
- Shredded chicken
- Jalapenos, to taste
- Canadian bacon
- Pizza cheese: mozz, provolone, parm, swiss
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Brush a mix of oil and kosher salt on the crust before it goes into oven (the Emily Parcell touch)
- Bake until it's done (yes, that means you gauge it)