I don't claim to create recepies, I just experiment with what I like. Whether it's out of a cookbook or adapting my own, so long as I'm in the kitchen, I'm having fun. Outside of that,
I'm adventurous and curious--some say I'm a restaurant snob (not because of price) because prefer independent or new places/cultures. From groceries to gadgets, I want to share my favorites. Call me a 'foodie,' because I'm not unique in my interests, but I find that's the best part of a community. Follow my take as I share, make, taste, & spend my way thru my non-existent willpower...

August 14, 2009

[ crepes! and spiced chickpeas and some ]


So, I got off work "early" and decided to play in the kitchen. I haven't jumped on the "Julie & Julia" bandwagon yet, but I did happen to win 2 Julia books from Dinner Diary (I never win anything!), so I thought I'd put to good use. Flipping thru, I've always wanted to try my hand at crepes, so I did....and they worked! Amazingly, in fact. I was thrilled to say the least and surpised at how easy they actually were. Woo hoo.
I also had a chickpea recepie I had been wanting to try. Nothing fancy, but very yummy. Simple to add and adapt. I will definitely do this more often and vary techniques/dishes it goes into.
Lastly, I still had some red cabbage from the risotto, so cooked some of that down with some chicken stock and sauteed some button mushrooms with shallots (be patient and let them get to the almost burnt stage. It's worth it.)

For the crepes, I only did 1/2 of the recepie (below), which still resulted in 5 1/2 full crepes.
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup cold milk
  • 1/3 cup cold water
  • 1 egg + 1 egg white (that was my own adaption)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Mix well, let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes

For the chickpeas, I basically used this recepie from eat me, delicious and adapted spices and measurements to taste.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm I love crepes. This looks really yummy! Glad you liked the chickpeas.

    ReplyDelete