I don't claim to create recepies, I just experiment with what I like. Whether it's out of a cookbook or adapting my own, so long as I'm in the kitchen, I'm having fun. Outside of that,
I'm adventurous and curious--some say I'm a restaurant snob (not because of price) because prefer independent or new places/cultures. From groceries to gadgets, I want to share my favorites. Call me a 'foodie,' because I'm not unique in my interests, but I find that's the best part of a community. Follow my take as I share, make, taste, & spend my way thru my non-existent willpower...

August 4, 2009

[ grilled pork with green chile corn 'saulsa' and cilantro lime rice ]


My brother conquered the HOT green chiles from Saturday's farmer's market, and I played sous. Deconstructing a pork posole/stew recepie, he created a delicious 'saulsa' (kinda salsa, kinda sauce) to pair with the grilled pork, corn, and his trademark cilantro lime rice. Needless to say, the dish was fantastic--definitely some heat to those chiles!

Grilled goods:
  • Pork: rubbed with olive oil, sea salt, cracked pepper, cumin
  • Corn: husks off, olive oil, sea salt, cracked pepper


Green Chile and Corn 'Saulsa"

  • 3-4 roasted green chiles (from the farmer's market)
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • Green pepper (optional, to taste)
  • Lime juice and zest
  • Cumin
  • Salt, pepper
  • Chicken broth
  • Puree for a few minutes with hand blender to desired texture
  • Touch of honey
  • Cilantro
  • Add grilled corn, if you'd like


Cilantro Lime Rice

  • Long grain, white rice cooked with salt and lime zest
  • When rice is finished, toss in oiled bowl with more lime juice and salt
  • Fold carefully as to not break up the rice too much
  • Add fresh, chopped cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment