I don't claim to create recepies, I just experiment with what I like. Whether it's out of a cookbook or adapting my own, so long as I'm in the kitchen, I'm having fun. Outside of that,
I'm adventurous and curious--some say I'm a restaurant snob (not because of price) because prefer independent or new places/cultures. From groceries to gadgets, I want to share my favorites. Call me a 'foodie,' because I'm not unique in my interests, but I find that's the best part of a community. Follow my take as I share, make, taste, & spend my way thru my non-existent willpower...

August 11, 2009

[ red cabbage risotto & girls sunday summer sangria ]


I've never conquered risotto for fear that it's really as difficult to properly make as it sounds, but we've had a lot of risotto talk in my family lately, so I decided to dedicate a Sunday evening to it. On top of it, it ended up being a fun evening with friends where we made way more food than we could eat. And, it wasn't that difficult after all.
I actually adapted the risotto recepie from a new favorite blog, The Italian Dish. I skipped the grilled part and instead of radiccio, I used red cabbage. I know what you're thinking. Yes, I know the difference between the two, but the store didn't have radiccio, I wanted that color contrast, I chose red cabbage. I also added shallots into the sauteed onions and used a combo of chicken and veggie broth for extra flavor.

I didn't get a good photo of the sangria, but it turned out delicious. We were too lazy to buy all the asked for liquors, etc, so we made our own 'ghetto' version which turned out refreshing and tasty.
  • Full bottle of sauvignon blanc
  • 3/4 bottle of cabernet
  • 20oz 7up
  • 16oz orange juice
  • Cut the fruit in thin slices or cubes, whichever you prefer
  • Variety of fruit: apples, plums, lemons, oranges, grapes
  • Serve over ice

No comments:

Post a Comment